Saturday, January 1, 2011

reflections on 2010

With 2010 being officially over, I can't help but to do what I've always done and reflect on this whirlwind ride of life that always is. It's amazing how many highs and lows emotionally, and stressfully you can hit because of relationships, holidays, marriage, kids, et cetera. I've had high highs, and low lows this last December for sure, which is usually how it goes anyway.  
This year wrapped up, slightly bitter sweet. It was the first Christmas without a loved one. It was also a time where relationships were strained, faith was tested, trust had to be lended.

It would be so easy, at times to wonder, why, why would does this happen? I try not to question God's timing, I know that there are things that are to be revealed yet, and things that aren't needed to know. We live in a broken world, and brokenness will follow.  If there's one thing I know, things will never be the same or different, all at the same time.
All through my formative teen years my Dad would love to tell me, whenever I had a problem, to "prepare for the worst, hope for the best".  I have to say, after many years of some adversity, and challenges, that advice could not have been better. I think that life has definitely proven to me that things just won't maybe change, things will change. I have spent most of my thirties grieving those changes. Funny, because most of my twenties were spent assuming that this was the way it would be. Forever.
Whatever God does up there to decide, I guess he decides a long time before it even occurs because it always ends up feeling perfectly planned.  I always am amazed at how hindsight shows me that it shouldn't have happened any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!