Saturday, July 21, 2012

Homemade Beauty

homemademamas.net
If there's one thing, or things that could break my budget, it's beauty products.  There doesn't seem to be enough money for the good stuff, and the affordable stuff is just a waste of money.  I started to think that there might be some homemade products out there you could replicate, and maybe get better benefits than the pricier versions.  Some of the following I have personally tried, some I have not.  I have also included links to some places I found recipes and other bloggers/websites that have figured this stuff out already.  (I'm a little slow!)
If you know of anything that has worked great for you and saved you money, pass it along! I'd love to learn and share!


Deep Conditioners for your hair:
Great for dry, damaged hair, to put back moisture and shine!
1.  Avocado Deep Conditioner Hair Mask- 1 small jar of mayonnaise and 1/2 avocado.  Mix ingredients, smooth into head working to the ends,  Use shower cap or plastic wrap to seal body heat in and leave on 20 minutes.
2.  Mayonnaise Your Hair - Apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to dry hair, work in thoroughly, cover your head with plastic,  and let set for 15 minutes. {I tried this this morning, and it worked great.  The smell isn't very pleasant, but it's gone once you wash and dry.}
3.  Olive Oil Hair Mask - Mix 2 tablespoon honey and 3 tablespoon olive oilApply to head cover with plastic wrap and set for 30 minutes..
Do-it-your-self eye/lip makeup remover.  This is pretty much the same ingredients for homemade baby wipes, just different measurements.
Link to 14 body and hand sugar scrubs.    I consider this stuff a must in the summer, especially when you use self-tanning creams, and the chlorine and sun is so drying to your skin. These are all great handmade gift ideas too.
Homemade teeth whitening
Whiten teeth with hydrogen peroxide.  Mix equal parts peroxide and water, and swish for a few minutes.  Teeth get brighter, and it's great for your gums.  I was so pleased with how clean and "happy" my mouth felt after doing this. Teeth were whiter too! I grew up knowing you could also brush your teeth with baking soda.  Not a great taste, but it does work in a pinch as toothpaste, and as a tooth polish and whitener.

HomemadeMamas.net has lots of other really great homemade beauty ideas.  Take a look into your bathroom and try to see where you can save big money on beauty products by making them yourself.   You can also venture over to Pinterest, and find tons of pins related to homemade beauty. You can see a few of mine, and follow me over at Pinterest, here. 









www.shape.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!