Thursday, April 12, 2012

Everyday Acts of Kindness

Moms, and parents, are so busy.  Add a career, and more than 1 or 2 kids and life just became a whirlwind.  We all know it's so important to take care of you, but, what have you done for someone else lately? This is something that has been forefront on my mind..  How can I serve others?  Not just taking care of my family, but reaching out to those that need something.  I can't help but think that what came around should go around when I look back at the ways others have blessed my life when I've needed it most.  I think the purpose in most of it should not only be in helping me at that moment, but in that I would be able to share that compassion and graciousness and pay it forward.
There are blessings in the everyday act of being thoughtful.  Just chatting away with someone at the grocery store, that you never met or talked to until that moment.  Giving someone just a minute or two of your conversation could make someone feel important or brilliant.
Taking time out of your day to make a meal for someone who is ill, or just had a baby, or maybe just moved to a new home.
Calling a friend and bringing them lunch and offering to sit and chat about a hard time they may be going through.
Passing along some items you no longer need to someone who may need them.
Pitching in on a large project that a friend may need help with.
Maybe even just a small act, like letting someone go ahead of you in line that looks like they are in a hurry could be a small act that could be a huge blessing to someone else's day.
What ways can you find to serve or bless someone else today? or tomorrow? I'd love to hear your ideas, and how they blessed someone.  Or maybe someone has blessed you in someway.
I've been blessed  in so many ways that were unexpected, or maybe felt undeserved at that time, but were so needed.  The timing somehow ended up being perfect.  I look forward to the blessing of passing it on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!