Friday, May 21, 2010

pray and pray and pray and pray and pray and pray.......

Ever wish God was a dial-up God? Like a hotline where you just order up whatever blessing you or your loved ones are needing.  I was thinking about all the prayers that I have sent out the past few days.  Prayers for friends with ailing health, failing marriages, safety in travel and field trips and sickness with their kids. Family in the hospital, family with friends in the hospital. and then all the simple, and not so simple I give to God to take care of for myself and my family.  Does God ever just get tired of hearing it all, thinking, "yeah yeah yeah, don't worry I gotcha covered!!"  Kind of an amazing thought, isn't it? The fact that God really does have us all covered.  Not just covered in Grace, but covered in the fact that through it all there is a plan that will go as planned. There was a recent conversation on the radio the other day about whether praying or prayer requests made any difference to God's plan. After all, He is supposed to have this all worked out all ready, right?  By definition, prayer is defined as our "conversation with God-in praise, thanksgiving, or intercession".  I especially like what James 5:13 says about the power of prayer: "are any of you suffering hardships? you should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises." [Pray when things are bad, pray when things are good.]
Jesus said to his disciples in Mark 12:24 "I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours"  [You have to believe it is from God for it to happen.]
Romans 12:12 "Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying". [Never give up.]
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 "Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
That one sounds pretty clear to me. 
So okay, I won't worry about trying to find a quicker way to get God to hear my requests, for I know that He wants me to ask, and ask again and ask again.  And to always be grateful. Even when it doesn't come as quickly as I am able to see it.
Have a blessed weekend, and keep praying!!
Chandra

1 comment:

  1. Where would I be without prayer? Well I know I would look like a chicken running around with her head cut off. I often think about that same question on payer and God's Will. I think when we pray, at least for me, it is always a given that I whatever I am asking for, I hope it is done IF it is His Will. Sometimes I think God Wills for somethign to happen but since we have Free will, we do not always stick to His plan. So when we pray, we are asking Him to guide us and strengthen us so that we CAN and WILL follow His Will.
    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!