Monday, February 24, 2014

Who do you think you are?

I'm not trying to be hostile. Just asking a question you should know the answer to. Leave it to life though to leave us wondering just who that is sometimes. When someone comes across as a little too "judgey", or the cold stare right past you by someone you thought was your friend.  Maybe you doubted who you are when you've heard someone else say something about you that was not necessarily true but still cut you to your core and bruised any dignity that you thought you had.

That's when that ugly cycle of self-doubt, and reminders of all the things you've done that you wish you could forget come flashing back at you, flattening any progress you've made despite it.

A recent sermon at my church had pointed out that another name for satan was also "Diablo" meaning "the accuser".  Interesting how that ties in with those cycles of self doubt. And your trip down mistakes lane, are right there when you feel most vulnerable. Yes, Diablo doesn't want you to forget just how you screwed up those things, and to make you feel as though you are unworthy of anything good. Suddenly, you are unsure of who you think are now.

But the most important identity that you have, is probably the one you believe the least.  Satan wants me to believe that I am not good enough, or that I don't deserve anything my heart desires. But Christ alone, is enough. I forget that His death on the cross is enough to cross out the sins of my past, and the sins that I will continue to commit. Even when we know this and believe it, we still let that voice of shame try to define us. Get behind me satan! NOT TRUE and not today!
The cross is enough that no matter what the world may say about me, because my savior died for me he put my blame to rest, and by his death it is finished. (John 19:28-30)

No, you are never going to be perfect.  But in the eyes of God you are:

Found

Redeemed

Transformed

and Treasured.

You are His. 

Shame, doubt, fear
has no chance with God.

Just believe.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!