Thursday, August 9, 2012

Making a list, and checking it twice

Being a Stay-at-home Mom is not an easy job.   It's tough to manage a home, 4 kids, and all the business with it.  Then on top of that, trying to run a website, managing church and church groups, and find just a bit of time for myself, and for my husband and I as a couple.  I get to points in my month or day, where I am overwhelmed by the amount of things to do.  Things that must get done.
image from "how to write an effective to-do list"
 via  workawesome.com

I envy those that sit around with nothing to do, or say they're bored, or just go do what every they want and not worry about all that stuff.  Oh wait- that doesn't really exist does it? Not unless your 10 year old I suppose.

Forever the self-critic, I must always improve.  One thing I know I need to work on to stay better organized is to make lists.  My husband, is seriously the hands down expert at this.  And it's all the fault of Excel Spreadsheets. If he wasn't such the master at them he wouldn't want to use them for practically every aspect of life.  Just ask him, he'll make you a spreadsheet for why he makes spreadsheets, and one for why you should!  (That's why I love you honey!!)

I will not think about making lists and continue to rely on my poor short-term memory to keep track of mental one's any longer.  I am challenging myself to make a list and stick to it.  It really is so gratifying to mark things off as you get them done!!

What do you do to keep organized and efficient?  Are lists your secret weapon too?  Or do you have some other tip in your arsenal to keep yourself together, sane and in the game?

Okay, people:  hold me accountable. I'll be expecting a check up on my accomplishments by the end of the week.  Wait- what day is it?



Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!