Saturday, December 3, 2011

John Freida Foam Color review

I recently received a coupon for a free box of John Freida's foam hair color. John must've known I was needing a refresh of my hair color, so I went right away to get it. I have always been a big fan of coloring my own hair but have never used the new foam hair color before.  I have to say I am definitely impressed.  I have long hair past my shoulders.  So 1 liquid hair color box would barely have been enough to cover my hair completely.  Normally, I end up with patches of missed hair due to not enough saturation.  Not so with the foam.  In fact I felt that I had more than enough on my hair when I still had a 1/4 a bottle left.  But the instructions specifically say to use the entire bottle for long hair.  So I kept piling it on.  It has a pleasant smell that was neither chemically or irritating.  I didn't really even smell much of anything initially.  The only complaint I have about the foam is that it is messier than normal hair color as you have to apply it onto your hands and then rub into your hair.  This caused foam to get pretty much everywhere as you end up coating the bottle with it.  It's also difficult to apply precisely and keep away from your neck and ears.  It recommends coating those areas with petroleum jelly, which I did, but still had to use a wet wash cloth to clean up along the way and after. It rinsed out nice and quickly and the conditioner they provide is nice smelling and effective.

All in all I am thrilled with the results and love my color.  I picked a Dark Red Brown from the Radiant Reds group which gave me the deep color I wanted with a Cranberry cast to it.  I do wish there was a little more cranberry color through to the ends more, but I think that was due to the color I chose, I still match the models hair on the box.  It made my hair soft, shiny and healthy looking.  All desirable when putting chemicals in your hair.  At $11.99 a box at my local Target, I will buy this again.

Go on over to JohnFreida.com and use their online shade selector to pick your perfect shade and score a $1 off coupon when you're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!