Tuesday, February 22, 2011

bumpy roads ahead

all4humor.com
Ever have times in your life where the road is just way bumpier than you want to handle, and you just don't know how you are going to continue to hang on?  If there's one thing I've learned in my 36 years of life it's that change is always in the horizon- good or bad, or both. So now that I'm older and I've figured this out, I try not to float around life assuming that everything is always going to be the way that is right this minute.  I have found it much more productive to be ready and armed for change.  My Dad always said to me, "hope for the best, plan for the worst".  Maybe that makes me a pessimist, but I think that advice has some value to it.  If you look at statistics, now granted I'm a person who feels that statistics are only sometimes as good as the people you ask, your chances of getting into a disaster of some kind is probably better than your chance at winning the lottery (www.chacha.com) (especially if you don't play).  But the good news is your chance of dying in one is about .03%. (www.thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/odds20.html).
The good news is there are natural disaster preparedness kits out there to have on hand in your tornado/nuclear bomb shelter and for the trunk of your car, just in case. My preparedness kit I have been working on my whole life.  It's the one I carry around with me everyday.  It's my faith in knowing that even though things are going to never stay the same, for very long, I can count on my God to get me through. Especially when the road is bumpy, God carries me through and holds on to me, and the impact from all those bumps, is so much less tumultuous. I pray that others may have that same peace of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!