Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Half Past December, Letting Go

oh December.
cheer



a "90th" birthday celebration
impromptu date night
 
Half way through, and so much has already happened, and so much more to go.

It takes stomach bugs,
  schedule changes
     and exhaustion,
to make us slow down and refocus.

Then, cookies happen,
cookie time
family and friend {love} happens,
mini reunions happen,
and lots and lots of smiles.   And laughing.
Can't get enough of laughing.

I started this month with lots of fear. Worry. Anxiety. (Anxiety is my middle name.)
Then it became clear,
That everything, would be alright.
No matter what.
That living for this moment, and not in fear of the next,
was more important than my need to control it.
Tacos with "teeny tiny"

I was placing uncertainties on the alter,
making it more about me, and less about HIM.

Because I know He is always good, because He is God.
But I know that I don't deserve good, and that makes it that much harder to accept that He wants and plans good for me.  The best.

Storms are brewing in the distance.
But aren't they always?
and haven't I had a storm or two (or four) before?
Yes. And every storm,
brings every evidence of good.  And best.
And rain comes, and love, and laughter and good does too. Always.
source





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!