Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bored no more

I found this new website called "Skip to my Lou" that has 30 days of crafts provided by 30 different bloggers. One idea I found to be particularly appealing is the "Mom I'm Bored" jar. 
It's taking an empty jar, and putting in slips of paper that your kids can reach in and grab an activity, or chore, every time you hear, "Mom, I'm Bored" this summer. The guest Blogger even provides the activities for them to draw from.  Some are chores, some are tough, and some are not so much fun.  But there are plenty of good ones to open up their creativity and you get you a piece of sanity for 20 or more minutes.
Be creative and add a few of your own. Or maybe take it to another level and make it a way to discourage sibling rivalry and bickering. (adapt and add activities/kind gestures accordingly)
Have fun and enjoy your summer! It'll be over before we know it!
-WCM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!