Monday, July 27, 2015

Fish your family will devour (WFM ambassador post)




This is an ambassador post for Whole Foods Market. I have received compensation for my post, all opinions are mine

Whole Foods Market sent me on a mission to buy and prepare in-season Swordfish currently available at my local Whole Foods Market. I had never tried swordfish before, so I was a bit apprehensive. The recipes on their website sounded delicious, and similar to another fish recipe I make for my family, that they love, so I was up for it.

Swordfish is a firmer fish and comes in steak like portions. There is not the "fishy" taste you get with other types of less expensive fish, the texture of the fish is more meaty and firmer than say Tilapia or Cod.

The link to the Whole Foods Recipe is here.  But here is my go to version of the same, of which is in the photo above.

Olive oil (about 2 Tbl)
1 large tomato or 2 medium diced
2 small zucchini squash (or a yellow and a green zucchini)
2 cloves garlic
4/5 small white potatoes diced or quartered
kalamata olives, pitted and halved, approx 1/4 cup
sea salt
Sword fish 3/4- 1 lb or 3 tilapia filets
juice of 1/2 a lemon or a capful of bottled lemon juice

dice veggies, and potatoes and place in baking dish tossing with the salt and olive oil.
Bake in a 350 oven for approximately 12 min or until potatoes are tender crisp
Add fish and arrange on top of vegetables, adding more olive oil as needed
scatter olives and lemon juice over top of all
return to oven and continue to bake until fish is flaky and vegetables are tender
30 -45 minutes total.

*note: the picture above I cooked 3/4 lb sword fish cut in two and omitted the potatoes.
The sword fish did take a bit longer to cook to my liking because it is so much thicker than Tilapia.
I have even used Cod for this dish but the Swordfish was divine!! This would also prepare really well on a grill -swordfish grills well because it is denser, just cook the veggies in a foil pack and then mix your cooked components before serving.

Yes, I pared mine with mac 'n cheese, (mom life), but it was the Alfredo cheese flavor and it paired nicely with the fish and veggies. With potatoes added to this recipe it is a one dish meal! My kids always eat this well and it is a fast meal to prepare for a family!

You can find Swordfish for a limited time at your local Whole Foods Market. Find more recipes and tips for preparing Swordfish at the link here! Including 10 Recipes just for Summer.

This is an ambassador post for Whole Foods Market. I have received compensation for my post, all opinions are mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, feedback, or any thing else on your mind! I want to hear what you think!